I have never thought I could make pasta carbonara that is eggless and milk free. If you have some tofu nearby, you will love that dish. It could not been simple to make. This recipe is so delish and takes little time to prepare.
Are you ready to start the culinary adventure?
Did I hear YES?
Great. Let’s start.
Here is what you will need:
*as much as you like pasta of your choice ( I used gluten free brown rice pasta)
*500g of chestnut mushrooms
*handful of kale
*1 big onion
*300g of silken tofu
*3 gloves of garlic
*vegan yeast flakes
*juice of 1/2 lemon
*pepper and salt to season
How to make it:
- Wash and slice mushrooms. Chop the onion and garlic.
- Wash and tear kale.
- Throw mushrooms and chopped onion in them frying pan and let them dance together for few minutes.
- Throw torn kale. Optionally you can go for spinach here.
- Prepare the sauce by putting tofu, yeast flakes, chopped garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper and lemon juice into a bowl.
- Blend it with a blender until you reach smooth texture. Taste it and add more salt or pepper. Now I forgot to add nutmeg when I was making it and it still was amazing.
- Put the sauce into the pan with mushrooms, onion and kale and cook it for a short while
- Boil water in a pot and throw pasta of your choice
- Put boiled pasta in the frying pan and mix it with sauce.
When you are serving it, throw some fresh parsley on the top and serve it straight away. Ahh and add some love too.